[homenet] Source-specific routes in Linux [was: atomic updates...]

Lorenzo Colitti lorenzo at google.com
Wed May 8 07:06:19 EDT 2013

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 7:51 PM, Steven Barth <cyrus at openwrt.org> wrote:

> if there would be multiple routers which I guess is unlikely in that
> situation. One could maybe attribute the prefix to the source address of
> the DHCPv6 server but that sounds problematic to me aswell.

So you're talking about the case where you have ISP1 and ISP2 "plugged into
a switch together with your router"?

In that case I can't see any better way than attempting to match the
link-local IPv6 address that you got the RA from to the link-local address
of the DHCPv6 server you got the PD from.

I can't think of a situation why these would be different, but perhaps
there is. Can the DHCPv6 server be a global address?