[Bloat] Progress with latency-under-load tool

Otto Solares solca at guug.org
Wed Mar 23 15:27:40 EDT 2011

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 01:26:59PM +0200, Jonathan Morton wrote:
> Unfortunately that patch will not work - it completely breaks part of the on-wire protocol. It is much better to simply convert the final results for an auxiliary display.

Yeah, after hours of running some results seems wrong, hopefully is not
broken on my missing part of converting a float to network byte order.

> I should also point out that I have very strong reasons for providing the measurements in non-traditional units by default. I'm measuring characteristics as they matter to applications and users, who measure things in bytes and frames per second, not bits and milliseconds. It is also much easier to get nontechnical people (who tend to be in charge of budgets) to respond to bigger-is-better numbers.

Understood your PoV, sadly even my bosses (who lacks any degree of
technicallity) knows that the Internet is sold to us in Mb/s (decimal)
and delay (as he call it) is measured in ms.

Good luck doing that nontechnical people use a CLI tool! ;)
-
 Otto