[Bloat] First-time install on brand new WNDR3700v2 not working

Maxim Kharlamov mcs at podsolnuh.biz
Fri Nov 4 02:53:58 EDT 2011

Hi Dave,

Well, at least for rc6 jffs2 factory image the tftp update method didn't
work. I tried many times and tried renaming the image file - no luck (file
transferred but completely ignored). Maybe it's a quirk of wndr3800, don't
know.
After installing openwrt I uploaded cerowrt rc6 factory squashfs image. Did
you mean that I should've uploaded sysupgrade version instead?

First impressions:
* Ge00 interface not getting up automatically. Every time I restart the
router, I need to do 'ifup ge00' or bring it up via web interface.
* Lack of opkg packages: I installed kmod-usb-serial, but couldn't find
kmod-usb-serial-option, usb-modeswitch, usb-modeswitch-data or sdparm;
consequently, couldn't get my 3g dongle to work. Cerowrt sees it as a usb
cd-rom.
   If I remove kmod-usb-storage, it kinda sees it as a usb serial device,
but cannot do anything with it.
* DHCPv6-PD isn't supported. Looks like it is scheduled for 1.2? My ISP
uses DHCPv6-PD to delegate /48 ipv6 prefixes. Meanwhile I installed
dibbler-client, but can't run it: "can't load library 'libposlib.so.1'"
   When I connected the router to my main ipv6 enabled router, it was able
to pick the ipv6, but something still wrong with the dns - it only works
for ipv4. Not sure exactly what is happening.

Thanks,
Max

Thanks,
Max