[Bloat] First-time install on brand new WNDR3700v2 not working

Petri Rosenström petri.rosenstrom at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 04:37:34 EDT 2011

Hi Maxim,

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 8:53 AM, Maxim Kharlamov <mcs at podsolnuh.biz> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> Well, at least for rc6 jffs2 factory image the tftp update method didn't
> work. I tried many times and tried renaming the image file - no luck (file
> transferred but completely ignored). Maybe it's a quirk of wndr3800, don't
> know.
You probably mean rc7-smoketest6, because rc6 doesn't include image
for the wndr3800. I didn't get the wndr3700v2 images to work they
required the small patch for it to work.

> After installing openwrt I uploaded cerowrt rc6 factory squashfs image. Did
> you mean that I should've uploaded sysupgrade version instead?

You should have could used it, if you tried from the webinterface. I
at least was successful with this. btw. I run jffs2 image.

I have only had a few issues, but I hope that are already fixed. I
just have to tests it. My issues are related to bug 291. This patch
might be in rc7-smoketest8.

> First impressions:
> * Ge00 interface not getting up automatically. Every time I restart the
> router, I need to do 'ifup ge00' or bring it up via web interface.
I haven't these issues. My first feeling is that this could be related
to your ISPs IPv6. btw have you tried the latest image and do you have
this issue if you are connected to your (other) router and directly to
the ISP?

> * Lack of opkg packages: I installed kmod-usb-serial, but couldn't find
> kmod-usb-serial-option, usb-modeswitch, usb-modeswitch-data or sdparm;
> consequently, couldn't get my 3g dongle to work. Cerowrt sees it as a usb
> cd-rom.
>    If I remove kmod-usb-storage, it kinda sees it as a usb serial device,
> but cannot do anything with it.
I also have a 3G usb-dongle. I'll try this tomorrow. They are probably
not built as packages, because I think that they are in the sources.
Maybe file a feature request in the
http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/cerowrt/issues . Otherwise there
are similar packages in
http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/packages/ but I
say don't use them :)

> * DHCPv6-PD isn't supported. Looks like it is scheduled for 1.2? My ISP uses
> DHCPv6-PD to delegate /48 ipv6 prefixes. Meanwhile I installed
> dibbler-client, but can't run it: "can't load library 'libposlib.so.1'"
I would recommend that you verify that you don't have this file on the
filesystem (find / -name libposlib.so.1). Then you could search for
the file with (pkg search \* libposlib.so.1). And if it finds it
install the missing package and retry.