[Bloat] First-time install on brand new WNDR3700v2 not working

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 16:33:05 EDT 2011

rc7-smoketest10 is out in the usual place.

Fix for the wifi detect routine, re:

https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/10350

Also jow had been busy abstracting out network protocol support from the
web interface, I added ipv6 as std, 3g as optional. (package is
luci-proto-whatever)

TOTALLY untested.

slightly more below.

On Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 8:55 PM, Maxim Kharlamov <mcs at podsolnuh.biz> wrote:

> Ge00 didn't start up after commenting out ethtool, so I suspect it was
> slightly different issue. I've just updated to rc7-smoketest9, however, and
> the problem is not happening anymore, so I consider it was somehow solved.

Good. Were you plugging it into a switch before?

>>> * Lack of opkg packages: I installed kmod-usb-serial, but couldn't find
>>> kmod-usb-serial-option, usb-modeswitch, usb-modeswitch-data or sdparm;
>>> consequently, couldn't get my 3g dongle to work. Cerowrt sees it as a usb
>>> cd-rom.
>>>

>> we're very interested in bloat on 3g. What dongle do you use?
>>

>>>    If I remove kmod-usb-storage, it kinda sees it as a usb serial
>>> device, but cannot do anything with it.
>>>

>> Your wish is my command. see rc7-smoketest9 for these additional optional
>> packages.
>>

> Thanks for including all these packages, my 3g dongle now works. It is ZTE
> MF636 (Telecom New Zealand). Speedtest shows 5.5mb/1.35mb/104ms, which is a
> great result.
> Will do some more testing later.

I'm curious as to what the txqueuelen defaults to on that.
104ms ping times? Ugh.

>> I note it's best to NOT preserve settings over a reflash. SOMETIMES you
>> can switch opkg repos to the latest, particularly when the kernel doesn't
>> change - but not on smoketests....
>>
>> * DHCPv6-PD isn't supported. Looks like it is scheduled for 1.2? My ISP
>>> uses DHCPv6-PD to delegate /48 ipv6 prefixes.
>>

>> You have an ISP THAT DOES PD? Where? Who? Wow.
>>

> Snap Internet, New Zealand.

They take immigrants?

> I installed wide-dhcpv6-client, but not sure how to test it now. PPPoE
> somehow disappeared from interface options, I now have DHCP client / Static
> address or Unmanaged protocol choice.

As per above that ppp got abstracted out of the web interface, and is now
back in as an optional module. I might make it be in by default...

see the various luci-proto packages.

> --
> Thanks,
> Max