[Bloat] First-time install on brand new WNDR3700v2 not working

Maxim Kharlamov mcs at podsolnuh.biz
Sat Nov 5 20:44:47 EDT 2011

Hi Dave,

On 6 November 2011 09:33, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:

> rc7-smoketest10 is out in the usual place.
>
> Fix for the wifi detect routine, re:
>
> https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/10350
>
> Also jow had been busy abstracting out network protocol support from the
> web interface, I added ipv6 as std, 3g as optional. (package is
> luci-proto-whatever)
>
> TOTALLY untested.
>
> slightly more below.

Updated to smoketest10.
Those features are slightly tested now. After installing the necessary
packages, 3g and pppoe work, dhcp6c also seems to be OK, but requires some
messing with the /etc/config/dhcp6c.conf file.

> On Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 8:55 PM, Maxim Kharlamov <mcs at podsolnuh.biz> wrote:
>

>> Ge00 didn't start up after commenting out ethtool, so I suspect it was
>> slightly different issue. I've just updated to rc7-smoketest9, however, and
>> the problem is not happening anymore, so I consider it was somehow solved.
>>

> Good. Were you plugging it into a switch before?

Yes, it is always plugged to a switch.

>>> we're very interested in bloat on 3g. What dongle do you use?

>>> Your wish is my command. see rc7-smoketest9 for these additional
>>> optional packages.
>>>

>> Thanks for including all these packages, my 3g dongle now works. It is
>> ZTE MF636 (Telecom New Zealand). Speedtest shows 5.5mb/1.35mb/104ms, which
>> is a great result.
>> Will do some more testing later.
>>

> I'm curious as to what the txqueuelen defaults to on that.
> 104ms ping times? Ugh.

ifconfig shows txqueuelen:40

>>> I note it's best to NOT preserve settings over a reflash. SOMETIMES you
>>> can switch opkg repos to the latest, particularly when the kernel doesn't
>>> change - but not on smoketests....
>>>
>>> * DHCPv6-PD isn't supported. Looks like it is scheduled for 1.2? My ISP
>>>

>>> You have an ISP THAT DOES PD? Where? Who? Wow.
>>>

>> Snap Internet, New Zealand.
>>

> They take immigrants?

We are welcome :)

--