[Bloat] Windows file sharing broken with RC6 ?

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Wed Nov 30 02:13:49 EST 2011

It may not be as dire as I originally thought.

On the two wired computers running Windows 7, in Windows Explorer I
can see all the nodes on the system - themselves, OPENWRT (and its tmp
directory) and the Windows 7 computer on the wireless network.
However, I can't connect from the wired subnet to the wireless subnet
by name:

  Windows can not access \\wirelesscomputer

But Windows can get to it via its IP address:

  \\172.30.42.69

On the wireless computer, the only node I see is itself - I don't even
see OPENWRT, and certainly don't see the computers on the wired
subnet.

- Jim

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us