[Bloat] TCP TFO client behaviour

Rick Jones rick.jones2 at hp.com
Tue Dec 11 15:52:29 EST 2012

On 12/11/2012 12:00 PM, Dave Taht wrote:
> I note that the netperf appears to require that TCP_FASTOPEN be
> defined by the underlying C library. Mine (glibc and uclibc) haven't
> caught up yet, from a cursory grep... I will add a patch to define it
> if not available unless rick beats me to it...

r618 or later in top-of-trunk (added in the last couple minutes) will
define TCP_FASTOPEN if it isn't already defined.  I've stuck it in the
same place where MSG_FASTOPEN gets defined and added some #warning
directives about that so I'll be sure to remove the workaround once the
defines make it where they are going.

happy benchmarking,

rick jones