[Bloat] Tackling bufferbloat in 3G/4G networks: A receiver-based TCP solution

Ingemar Johansson S ingemar.s.johansson at ericsson.com
Tue Jun 5 10:32:49 EDT 2012

Hi

And thanks for an interesting report. I must say that this resembles LEDBAT quite a lot, with the exception that LEDBAT is a (mainly) sender based modification and may thus be easier to deploy. Like commented on this list (by Jonathan Morton for instance) it could be interesting to see how they compare.
One flaw with delay based algos (which LEDBAT tries to solve) is the sensitivity to reverse path delay (similar issue with Vegas I believe), I guess your algorithm can have the same problem or. Does not mean that LEDBAT is free of problem...

Regards
/Ingemar Johansson