[Bloat] Bufferbloat research: Help required

Simon Barber simon at superduper.net
Fri Nov 30 16:17:27 EST 2012

Both cellular and wireless lan suffer from the same problem - in some
situations a packet loss rate of 30% can be optimal operation for best
throughput before stepping down a rate at the physical layer. Obviously
TCP was not designed to handle this level of loss, so a 'wire like'
emulation layer is used, with retries. Unfortunately the number of
retries is fixed, and non optimal, causing problems.

Simon