[Bloat] The Remy paper (was: Re: CS244's work on netflix streaming)

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Mon Jul 22 17:21:56 EDT 2013

Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com>:
> Also the discussion of "remy" going on is pretty nifty.
>
> https://plus.google.com/u/0/103530621949492999968/posts/2L9e4kxo9y3

Thanks for that link.  I've been mad curious what your tak on the Remy
paper was ever since I read it myself. Because while I didn't spot any
obvious bogons, you know the domain far better than I do.

The only thing about their methods that troubles me is a suspicion that the
generated algorithms might be overspecialized - that is, very vulnerable
to small changes in traffic statistics.