[Bloat] other people's VLAN congestion

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ca
Thu Mar 21 12:53:59 EDT 2013

>>>>> "Ing-Jyh" == Ing-Jyh Tsang <ing-jyh.tsang at alcatel-lucent.com> writes:
    Ing-Jyh> Those queues can and should be correctly managed and
    Ing-Jyh> configured. Both in terms of queue size and/or use of /RFC
    Ing-Jyh> 2697/ <http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2697.txt> or /RFC 2698/
    Ing-Jyh> <https://tools.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2698.txt>, depend on each
    Ing-Jyh> operator and what they are selling (SLA) ....

You'd think that, and the operator I know of is happy to sell an SLA for
more money.  But, the "best effort" service had the property that
packets were never dropped, but were regularly late, even though my edge
CPE equipment was prioriziting the way I wanted.