[Bloat] [aqm] AQM deployment status?

Akhtar, Shahid (Shahid) shahid.akhtar at alcatel-lucent.com
Wed Sep 25 10:20:37 EDT 2013

Hi Naeem,

Most routers/switches/access equipment support RFC 2309, which is a description of RED. It is not fully clear how often RED is actually turned on in today's networks, the below research looked at RED deployment on access networks and concluded that only a fraction of the access lines use RED (section 4.3.2).

http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/people/ssaroiu/publications/imc/2007/imc2007-dischinger.pdf

I am not aware of any more recent version of the same tests.

Best regards,

-Shahid.