[Bloat] [iccrg] [aqm] AQM deployment status?

Eggert, Lars lars at netapp.com
Wed Sep 25 10:31:21 EDT 2013

Hi,

On Sep 25, 2013, at 15:20, "Akhtar, Shahid (Shahid)" <shahid.akhtar at alcatel-lucent.com> wrote:
> Most routers/switches/access equipment support RFC 2309, which is a description of RED.

I've heard that statement from many different people. I wonder if it is actually true. Is there any hard data on this?

(From experience with the - small - selection of datacenter gear I have access to, almost none has usable RED/ECN support. Even in cases where the silicon is claimed to support it, the firmware doesn't allow configuration.)

Lars