[Bloat] sigcomm wifi

David Lang david at lang.hm
Thu Aug 21 15:49:02 EDT 2014

On Thu, 21 Aug 2014, Jesper Dangaard Brouer wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Aug 2014 00:04:54 -0700 (PDT) David Lang <david at lang.hm> wrote:
>
>> here's a paper I did a couple years ago on the network we build for Scale '11
>>
>> https://www.usenix.org/conference/lisa12/technical-sessions/presentation/lang_david_wireless
>
> Thank you, David! Just finished watching this, very excellent
> presentation.  Good with some information sharing based on practical
> wifi deployments.
>
> I also find this/your presentation interesting:
> http://talks.lang.hm/talks/topics/Wireless/Cascadia_2012/Wireless.pdf
> Where you go more into the channels.
>
> Thanks for all the good work :-)

the difference between 20 min of time and an hour of time (there should also be
a video on my lang.hm site, but it's a slow uplink)

One trick we pulled this year at Scale that I think made a big difference is
that we labled the 2.4 GHz network "Scale-slow" and the 5GHz network "Scale",
this seems to have pushed a LOT more people to using the less congested 5GHz
band.

David Lang