[Bloat] AQM creeping into L2 equipment

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 13:14:35 EDT 2014

well on the default load, it looks like you want the mls commands

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2960/software/release/12-2_37_ey/command/reference/cr.pdf

I imagine with the new tcp's pfifo_fast is going to be sub 8ms also.

however what we are probably seeing with the measurement flows is
slow start causing a whole bunch of packets to be lost in a bunch.

Is your hardware fast enough to run tcpdump -s 128 -w whatever.cap -i
your interface during an entire rrul test without dropping packets?
(on client
and server)