[Bloat] DSLReports Speed Test has latency measurement built-in

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Sun Apr 19 15:40:36 EDT 2015

Hi Jonathan,

On Apr 19, 2015, at 19:41 , Jonathan Morton <chromatix99 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> On 19 Apr, 2015, at 19:30, Sebastian Moeller <moeller0 at gmx.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Frequency readouts are probably more accessible to the latter.
>>
>> 	The frequency domain more accessible to laypersons? I have my doubts ;)
>
> Gamers, at least, are familiar with “frames per second” and how that corresponds to their monitor’s refresh rate.

	I am sure they can easily transform back into time domain to get the frame period ;) .  I am partly kidding, I think your idea is great in that it is a truly positive value which could lend itself to being used in ISP/router manufacturer advertising, and hence might work in the real work; on the other hand I like to keep data as “raw” as possible (not that ^(-1) is a transformation worthy of being called data massage).

> The desirable range of latencies, when converted to Hz, happens to be roughly the same as the range of desirable frame rates.

	Just to play devils advocate, the interesting part is time or saving time so seconds or milliseconds are also intuitively understandable and can be easily added ;)

Best Regards
	Sebastian