[Bloat] DSLReports Speed Test has latency measurement built-in

Eric Dumazet eric.dumazet at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 11:44:28 EDT 2015

On Wed, 2015-04-22 at 15:26 +0000, luca.muscariello at orange.com wrote:
> Do I need to read this as all Google servers == all servers :)

Read again what I wrote. Don't play with my words.

> BTW if a paced flow from Google shares a bloated buffer with a non
> paced flow from a non Google server,  doesn't this turn out to be a
> performance penalty for the paced flow?

What do you think ? Do you think Google would still use sch_fq if this
was a potential problem ?

> fq_codel gives incentives to do pacing but if it's not deployed what's
> the performance gain of using pacing?

1) fq_codel has nothing to do with pacing.

2) sch_fq doesn't depend on fq_codel or codel being used anywhere.

It seems you are quite confused, and unfortunately I wont take time to
explain anything.

Run experiments, then draw your own conclusions.