[Bloat] Mailing list to coordinate responses to FCC ruling on router hacking

Rich Brown richb.hanover at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 13:02:02 EDT 2015

Folks,

Dave Täht pointed out that the FCC has proposed new rules (by issuing a Notification of Proposed Rule Making - NPRM) His one-line summary  - "these fcc rules look bad")

The rest of this message has links for the BattleMesh presentation and for submitting public comments, etc. You can read the actual filing at: http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2015/db0722/FCC-15-92A1.pdf

THE DEADLINE IS 16 AUGUST 2015 (NEXT SUNDAY).  I plan to submit a comment saying that any rules that lock down the router firmware will hamper research into important networking technologies, and leave the US in a less competitive situation.

Best,

Rich