[Bloat] RED against bufferbloat

Matt Mathis mattmathis at google.com
Tue Feb 24 11:13:24 EST 2015

RED doesn't work so well, by hindsight it has the wrong estimators and
control functions.   However every algorithm on the table today is in some
sense derived from that ground breaking work.

"Red in a different light" and others are the stepping stones between then
and now.

Thanks,
--MM--
The best way to predict the future is to create it.  - Alan Kay

Privacy matters!  We know from recent events that people are using our
services to speak in defiance of unjust governments.   We treat privacy and
security as matters of life and death, because for some users, they are.