[Bloat] RED against bufferbloat

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 19:26:40 EST 2015

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 2:44 AM, Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike at swm.pp.se> wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Feb 2015, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen wrote:
>
>> Erm, how does that work? What part of the functionality can reasonably be
>> moved to the data center? The configuration web interface?
>

> Basically you extend the home L2 domain via some kind of tunnel or vlan to a
> server, and run the CPE there.
>
> The only thing left in the home is basically L2 bridging between WAN, LAN
> and Wifi and the possibiliy of configuring settings such as Wifi SSID,
> crypto etc.

> http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos14.1/topics/concept/ccpe-overview.html

"Some functions that are delivered today by other types of CPE devices
(for example, security appliances, storage servers, WiFi hotspots, and
so forth) may also shift partially or totally to the cloud CPE
architecture."

that's terrifying. They want me to move *MY firewall** into *their
cloud*? What could possibly go wrong?

> http://blogs.cisco.com/sp/home-gateway-cpe-virtualization

Let's make wifi fast, less jittery and reliable again!

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107942175615993706558/posts/TVX3o84jjmb