[Bloat] Apple ECN, Bufferbloat, CoDel

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 12:55:30 EDT 2015

> On 13 Jun, 2015, at 19:07, Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike at swm.pp.se> wrote:
>
> One of the major takeaways is that Apple is planning to by default enable ECN in iOS9 and OSX 10.11. This would mean hundreds of millions of devices will be using ECN in a few months.

That *is* big news.

I have no doubt that all the various Linux folks will watch this mass deployment of ECN closely, and - as long as no major fails show up as a result - might finally grow the balls to turn it on by default themselves.

If major fails *do* show up, then hopefully it’ll just be an impetus to get the remaining blackholes and stupid firewalls fixed.

Microsoft is, as always, an unknown factor in all this, but who cares.

 - Jonathan Morton