[Bloat] Apple ECN, Bufferbloat, CoDel

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh at hmh.eng.br
Sat Jun 13 22:09:54 EDT 2015

On Sun, 14 Jun 2015, Mark Andrews wrote:
> NAT64 and DNS64 need to die.  There are much better solutions to
> providing IPv4 over IPv6 than NAT64 and DNS64 and 464XLAT that grew
> from NAT64 and DNS64.

Please make it "NAT64 WITH DNS64 needs to die".

It is too easy to forget that there is such a thing as NAT64-FE (RFC 7269).
Fortunately, NAT64-FE is not used together with DNS64 in any remotely sane
scenario, so it is not going to break DNSSEC.

It is also a somewhat rare beast most of us never will have to deal with (I
do, and it doesn't make me happy).

  Henrique Holschuh