[Bloat] [aqm] splat start?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon May 11 13:38:08 EDT 2015

On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 5:26 AM, Mirja Kühlewind
<mirja.kuehlewind at tik.ee.ethz.ch> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> Michael Scharf performed his PhD thesis on start up mechanisms. Here is one of his papers (from 2009):

Am I the only person that works in spreadsheets to model stuff? :(

> Scharf, M.: Work in Progress: Performance Evaluation of Fast Startup Congestion Control Schemes
> Proceedings of the 8th IFIP-TC6 Networking Conference (Networking 2009), Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) 5550, Aachen, May 2009

Thank you. I did not know that work had also fed back into RFC6928.

https://www.bell-labs.com/researchers/537/

thesis here. But I will need a spare weekend to read it.

http://www.ikr.uni-stuttgart.de/Content/Publications/Archive/Sf_Diss_40112.pdf

> I guess he can further comment on this own (cc’ed).

> Mirja
>

>> Am 10.05.2015 um 04:18 schrieb Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com>:
>>
>> One of the things bugging me lately is that we actually have a lot of
>> forms of "slow start"
>> on the table - HyStart, Initial Spreading, reno vs cubic, dctcp, IW2,
>> IW4, IW10, TSO offloads, the effect of GRO on it, etc. I dont know
>> what is in QUIC, either.
>>
>> I would love a comprehensive guide to exactly the behaviors of "slow
>> start" in every tcp known to man and some sane way to refer to them
>> all in a cross reference and a spreadsheet.
>>
>> Does something like that exist? Just the "* start" behavior.
>>
>> The world has spent way too much time analyzing congestion avoidance mode.
>>
>> --
>> Dave Täht

Open Networking needs **Open Source Hardware**

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+EricRaymond/posts/JqxCe2pFr67