[Bloat] Getting started with sqm-scripts - latency good, bandwidth decimated

Brandon Applegate brandon at burn.net
Wed Jan 20 11:10:13 EST 2016

I’m getting more confused as I go on :)

So I’ve rebooted and the tc classes seem to have come back.  Since this is Ubuntu 12.04 - it doesn NOT have systemd.  I mention this because I see there is a systemd config in the sqm-scripts package.

I have not added any hooks to run 'sqm start’ - neverthless - I have all the rules seemingly there on a fresh boot.  I also have a new ‘interface’ - ifb4eth0.666.  Since I’ve never messed with tc - I have no idea how/where/what is ‘saving’ these rules and making them persistent.  I’m struggling to use google and grep -ir to see where Ubuntu is saving this.

Furthermore - the scripts seem to be working now.  Slightly embarassing - it could be the result of having mucked with the gentoo script and having two many variables flying around at once.

I currently lose a small fraction of my bandwidth - but bufferbloat gets an A on the dslreports speedtest.

I’m going to concentrate on understanding how / where these rules are getting made ‘persistent’.