[Bloat] bufferbloat.net is sorely missed.

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 11:47:40 EDT 2016

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 8:27 AM, Rich Brown <richb.hanover at gmail.com> wrote:
> Toke,
>
> Thanks for taking on the revival of the bufferbloat site.

While I am delighted by progress here, given a choice between landing
more fixes to wifi and fixing the site, I'd rather we keep building on
the momentum for fixing wifi. With a core bit landing in net-next
soon, I hope, and airtime fairness well on it's way, the possibility
exists to get kernel 4.8 or 4.9 truly being a vast improvement on wifi
for multiple devices building on the finicy bits of that
infrastructure.

that said toke seems to be achieving $DIETY-like results across many areas.

> As a stopgap, I wonder if it might be possible to put up a placeholder page that links to Wayback Machine pages. Something like... http://richb-hanover.github.io/bufferbloat-site/ (I have thrown $50 toward the archive.org folks...) It would be easy to redirect the www.bufferbloat.net URL to this site.

archive.org has an automagic 404 converter, if that helps.

https://blog.archive.org/2013/10/24/web-archive-404-handler-for-webmasters/

> As a secondary step, we might consider using github.io pages with Jekyll. I just converted another static site to Jekyll with astonishing ease. It's now editable with Markdown on github.

Hugo vastly outperforms jekyll, has a jekyll converter, and I'd prefer
to stick with hugo.

In the long run I would like to also resurrect your work on converting
lartc.org.

> If you have the text of those pages in some sensible directory structure, I bet it would be trivial to make a Jekyll site.

Yes, I'd like the directory structure to more or less match what the urls were.

http://blog.cerowrt.org