[Bloat] bufferbloat.net is sorely missed.

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 13:58:14 EDT 2016

On Sat, Jun 11, 2016 at 5:07 AM, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <toke at toke.dk> wrote:
> Rich Brown <richb.hanover at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Thanks for taking on the revival of the bufferbloat site.
>
> Okay, updated the conversion to preserve the directory structure.
> Current version is here: https://kau.toke.dk/bufferbloat-archive. The

I get a 404 on that right now across the board...

https://kau.toke.dk/bufferbloat-archive/projects/codel/wiki/Benchmarking_Codel_and_FQ_Codel/

> overview pages and index are somewhat lacking at the moment, but the
> wiki pages are there at the same relative URLs as on the old site.

Having the original data available to those willing to work on fixing
it would be useful, I was reluctant to share the sql dump widely due
to passwords being in it. Can more of the sql dump land somewhere? Do
you have other conversion scripts lying around?

(I used pandoc to convert from textile to markdown originally plus a
few sed scripts)

> I can update the DNS to point at that server and have old links start
> working again; if no one objects, I'll do that later today.

Well, to save on cost and improve bandwidth I'd rather it moved to the
web server lists.bufferbloat.net is on. (and ultimately a cdn). I was
reluctant to move it there because the redmine integration was
failing, but for a static web site, no problem.

For now, feel free to slam yourself. :). I'd done a few things to
improve caching behavior on the blog.cerowrt.org apache
implementation, also.

> There's a github repo with the contents linked from the above link; pull
> requests welcome if anyone wants to contribute to improving things :)

I am personally slammed and delighted others are stepping up to take
care of this...

http://blog.cerowrt.org