[Bloat] Bufferbloat.net - Organizing, curating, and workflow

Rich Brown richb.hanover at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 13:49:00 EDT 2016

To all the Bufferbloaters out there...

Thanks again to Toke for all this good work. It's terrific to see the pages resurrected, and to have the www.bufferbloat.net site living again.

I've been thinking of the next steps - to make all this work really useful. I see there are three important issues:

Organizing: Thinking about the best way to display the current information:
	- Should Cake be listed as a top-level project?
	- Is there a way to display newest entries? I'd like to see a sidebar element showing the 5 newest posts
	- Can an RSS feed be generated automatically?

Curating: The current site makes it seem as if all pages are equally important. I feel the urge to do the following:
	- Categorizing the "List of Wiki Pages" for a project (e.g., http://bufferbloat.net/projects/cerowrt/ )
		so there's a sense of their importance
	- Discard old/outdated/useless articles

Workflow:
	- Rules for making posts: Who can make them? How do they get published?
	- Auto-publish - if it's not already happening, could we re-render and publish after a commit?
	- I see the 404 handler in place, but it doesn't seem to show a link to archive.org
	- Is there a way to do page redirection? It looks as if Toke has done a great job of replicating
		URLs in the new site, but if we see frequent broken links, is there a way to redirect a page to its equivalent on the new site?
	- Should we add a Google search box on 404 page? On every page?
	- Would it make sense to review error logs from time to time?

I'd love to have your thoughts. Thanks.

Rich