[Bloat] Bufferbloat.net - Organizing, curating, and workflow

moeller0 moeller0 at gmx.de
Sun Jun 12 14:13:56 EDT 2016

So how do I contribute changes to existing pages? The cake page has some inaccuracies regarding VDSL2 encapsulation that I would like to fix…

“Apparently PTM does have a small additional overhead on the order of 1⁄128, due to HDLC framing which attaches special meaning to 0x7D and 0x7E bytes; I might need to add approximate handling for that, kernel-side.”

The point is only VDLS1 used HDLC on the relevant data bearers, VDSL2 uses 64/65 encoding that has not reserved octets and hence does not have additional overhead nor magic bytes… (full disclosure VDSL2 still allows HDLC bearers, but just not the one bearer the user actually sends data over, so the HDLC thing is a distraction that we can avoid.)

Best Regards
	Sebastian