[Bloat] ultrafast broadband conference june 27-30

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 06:20:34 EDT 2016

On 18/06/16 12:09, Jonathan Morton wrote:
> These buffers are not inherent to the link technology.
> If they were, we’d be calling for different link technology.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions. But this is exactly what Dave was
doing, since he blamed the uplink bloat on "g.fast technologies".

So it seems that you and I agree that it's not G.fast itself that is
bloated, but the lack of proper buffer management in certain (most?) DSL
modems, regardless of whether they support G.fast or some other flavour
of DSL.

Thx, Jan