[Bloat] fixing bufferbloat in 2017

Noah Causin n0manletter at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 12:50:38 EST 2016

There is a company called Netduma which sells a product called the
Netduma R1 Router.  It's main feature is reducing lag.  It does this
through QOS and GEO-IP Filtering.  (Limiting available servers to your
local region = reduced RTT)

It seems relatively popular in the gaming world, especially console.

It is based on OpenWRT Chaos Calmer: https://netduma.com/opensource/

It has an advanced QOS system that already uses FQ_Codel.

Here are the hardware specs:

https://netduma.com/features/hardware/

I assume it has an ath9k.

Maybe they could implement the ath9k fq_codel and airtime patches.

The user base that buys this product seems like they would be more
familiar with setting up routers than the average person.