[Bloat] Fixing bufferbloat in 2017

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Sun Nov 27 01:10:37 EST 2016

On Sat, 26 Nov 2016, Aaron Wood wrote:

> and call it a day.  And those BSPs are _ancient_.  I wouldn't be
> surprised to see 2.6 still coming out on new models, let alone 4.0.

Most seem to be on 3.2 and 3.4, but I've heard people say Broadcom now has
BSP for 4.1.

However, since basically all high-speed devices use a hardware packet
accelerator, even with newer kernels you might not get anti-bufferbloat
benefit because these packet accelerators have their own buffer handling.

I might be in the position to test one of these broadcom 4.1 based devices
in the next few months, I'll run some tests and report back if that
happens.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se