[Bloat] Fixing bufferbloat in 2017

Wesley Eddy wes at mti-systems.com
Mon Nov 28 10:23:22 EST 2016

On 11/28/2016 10:12 AM, Dave Taht wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 4:48 AM, David Collier-Brown <davec-b at rogers.com> wrote:
>> A short RFC with a clear summary would change the ground on which we stand.
>> Include me in if you're planning one.
> Call me grumpy. Call me disaffected. But it's been 4 years into the
> IETF RFC process with codel and fq_codel with still no end in sight.

Hi Dave, while it's been undeniably slow, "no end in sight" is not
really accurate.  Here is the correct status, since I am document
shepherd for both:

- The fq-codel draft is completely and totally done in terms of IETF
process, and has been in the RFC Editor's queue simply awaiting the
codel draft to arrive.  This is what the "MISSREF" state indicates in
that IETF datatracker tool.  It completed the IETF last call and IESG
balloting in March/April earlier this year.

- The codel document completed AQM working group last call, and I
believe is awaiting the authors to make changes requested by the Area
Director in order to go for IETF Last Call and IESG balloting.

The end is most definitely within sight!