[Bloat] benefits of ack filtering

David Lang david at lang.hm
Tue Dec 12 17:21:39 EST 2017

On Wed, 13 Dec 2017, Jonathan Morton wrote:

> The one "correct" argument against ack-filtering I've seen is that it
> encourages (or rather validates) the use of extreme asymmetry ratios.

I would sure rather have a extremely asymmetric ration than a 'proper' ratio
with the same upstream bandwidth.

I really doubt that choosing to badly support extreme ratios will stop or even
slow down the deployment, and the technology continues to develop in ways that
make such ratios more common (it's much easier to spend money on signal
processing for a central box than for all the endpoint products)

David Lang