[Bloat] Bufferbloat in high resolution + non-stationarity

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 08:48:33 EST 2017

If so, that's a step in the right direction.  I know of a few "old guard"
protocols which typically use appropriate DSCPs too.

But YouTube doesn't, and neither do any of the major BitTorrent
implementations (despite us asking nicely), nor typical VoIP clients, nor
multiplayer games.  Those are the places I'd hope to see progress
relatively early.

Several prominent game publishers use libtorrent in combination with a CDN
of web-seeds, in which the web-seeds would benefit from having CS1 set and
libtorrent tuned for a smaller number of connections - no dice so far,
though libtorrent's developers seem to nominally agree.

- Jonathan Morton