[Bloat] I wrote a blog entry about devices I know of out there...

Rich Brown richb.hanover at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 15:01:14 EST 2017

> On Feb 3, 2017, at 2:50 PM, David Lang <david at lang.hm> wrote:
>
> On Fri, 3 Feb 2017, Rich Brown wrote:
>
>> Friends in town say that Fairpoint recommends a Zyxel VMG4380-B10A modem for bonded pairs. They seem to have fairly good luck with it.
>
> I've got a VMG4325-B10A and it's horrific, still running a 2.6 kernel. I routinely have several seconds of buffering on my upload. according to the Zyxel site, the 4380 has a coax connection.

Yes, that's why it makes sense to stick LEDE in series with the Zyxel, to let LEDE handle the queueing.

I've actually never seen a Zyxel, so can't speak to the connectors. Hmmm... The Zyxel specs at https://www.zyxel.com/me/en/promotions/promotion_20130416_076615_me_en.shtml show the 4380 as having both a GbE connector (as if... :-) and a coax HPNA connector.

Rich