[Bloat] DETNET and HULL

Ingemar Johansson S ingemar.s.johansson at ericsson.com
Mon Nov 13 21:38:52 EST 2017

Hi

I am too, interested to see how DETNET and HULL compare to one another.
The 3GPP submissions below tried to motivate the addition of extra ECN support in NR (a.k.a 5G) to make L4S easier to implement. Unfortunately it did not gain traction, mainly because the standardization schedule for NR is heavily bloated. Still there is a possibility that it can be brought up on the table later on.

Regards
/Ingemar

Motivation to improved ECN handling in NR (see especially section 7)
http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/tsg_ran/WG2_RL2/TSGR2_99/Docs/R2-1709469.zip

Stage 3 details on how to implement ECN support on the RLC layer
http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/tsg_ran/WG2_RL2/TSGR2_99/Docs/R2-1708179.zip