[Bloat] Steam In Home Streaming on ath9k wifi

Caleb Cushing xenoterracide at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 17:14:44 EST 2017

In home streaming is basically a high bandwidth low latency way of
streaming a game so you can play it on another machine. I'm not sure if
this is the best list to talk about this on, but since it involves wifi,
fq-codel, and cake, this seems like the best place maybe, I did start by
talking about this on the forums, but I think I've basically reached the
end of what documented configuration can do on the current LEDE, and
perhaps what can be done currently period. That said maybe I can offer up
this use case and help things improve in the future.

https://forum.lede-project.org/t/sqm-for-video-streaming-and-steam-in-home-streaming-over-wifi/8494/23

I've actually managed to get game streaming mostly smooth, but there's
still an occasional stutter (latency increase from ~5ms to around 100ms,
then it goes away again) that I haven't figured out. happy to provide more
information if it'll help this use case. note, the additional options
mentioned in the forum on src/desthost seem to actually make things worse.

config queue
        option debug_logging '0'
        option verbosity '5'
        option enabled '1'