[Bloat] when does the CoDel part of fq_codel help in the real world?

Luca Muscariello luca.muscariello at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 05:40:39 EST 2018

OK. We agree.
That's correct, you need *at least* the BDP in flight so that the
bottleneck queue never empties out.

This can be easily proven using fluid models for any congestion controlled
source no matter if it is
loss-based, delay-based, rate-based, formula-based etc.

A highly paced source gives you the ability to get as close as
theoretically possible to the BDP+epsilon
as possible.

link fully utilized is defined as Q>0 unless you don't include the packet
currently being transmitted. I do,
so the TXtteer is never idle. But that's a detail.