[Bloat] when does the CoDel part of fq_codel help in the real world?

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Tue Nov 27 09:18:37 EST 2018

On Tue, 27 Nov 2018, Luca Muscariello wrote:

> This is a whole different discussion but if you want to have a per-user
> context at the BNG level + TM + FQ I'm not sure that kind of beast will
> ever exist. Unless you have a very small user fan-out the hardware
> clocks could loop over several thousands of contexts. You should expect
> those kind of features to be in the CMTS or OLT.

This is per queue per customer access port (250 customers per 10GE port,
so 250 queues). It's on an "service edge" linecard that I imagine people
use for BNG purposes. I tend to not use words like that because to me a
router is a router.

I do not do coax. I do not do PON. I do point to point ethernet using
routers and switches, like god^WIEEE intended.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se