[Bloat] incremental deployment, transport and L4S (Re: when does the CoDel part of fq_codel help in the real world?)

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 07:56:22 EST 2018

> On 29 Nov, 2018, at 2:12 pm, Michael Welzl <michawe at ifi.uio.no> wrote:
>
> But then, wouldn't it be good to have a way to tell the network "I don't care about ordering" ?

I have to ask, why would the network care?  What optimisations can be obtained by reordering packets *within* a flow, when it's usually just as easy to deliver them in order?

Of course, we already have FQ which reorders packets in *different* flows.  The benefits are obvious in that case.

 - Jonathan Morton