[Bloat] new bufferbloat video from Battle(non)sense

Dave Taht dave at taht.net
Mon Jul 29 11:18:29 EDT 2019

Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike at swm.pp.se> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Battle(non)sense has released a new video on bufferbloat.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjJW_s5gQ9Y
>
> At the end of the video he mentions that Dave Taht and Sebastian Möller had
> helped him with the video. Great! I really like that these kinds of videos are
> done to help a wider audience understand the problem with bufferbloat
> to  create
> market demand for the solutions available.

A huge shoutout to chris and sebastian for doing this - 7800 hits! I'd
noticed how kids are learning today, watching gaming videos that also
slip in a few facts and techniques, but it's still kind of alien to me.

It subtly shows the before/after bufferbloat result...

Finally tackling the framing issue as this video does I hope will move
the meter on getting far more QoS/SQM systems to finally do this last
step *right*. Up and Down bandwidth, and framing.

I do keep hoping the gaming industry as a whole will wake up to all the
good we've been doing for it, better educate their users, and maybe even
throw in a few bucks to furthering our efforts.

I would really love for someone here to get to a good gaming conference
and give a talk on bloat.

--
Dave Taht
Co-Founder, Bufferbloat Project