[Bloat] [Ecn-sane] My (controversial) position paper on TCP

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 18:28:37 EDT 2019

I still have a functioning "UFO"-style Apple Airport Base Station from about 2000.  I no longer have a convenient means of reconfiguring it (relies on a real Mac within a certain range of vintages), let alone updating its firmware, if Apple bothered to do that any more.

A lot of those died early due to a bad batch of capacitors that were going around at the time.  I repaired mine, and it hasn't gone wrong since.  Only trouble is, it only supports 802.11b and 10baseT half duplex.  And an analogue modem which, again, I can no longer command conveniently.

I also have a considerably better 2007 model.

Both recently retired in favour of the IQrouter.

 - Jonathan Morton