[Bloat] Bufferbloat glossary

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Sun Mar 29 14:10:35 EDT 2020

I get a bit lost with all the jargon and acronyms in use on this list. Is
there a glossary somewhere? (Ideally a wiki so we can all expand it.) I've
picked up a lot over my years running Linux servers but this list is a good
example of how the more you know, the more you realize how ignorant you
are. ;)

For example, in today's message from David P. Reed I find "EDF" and "ACID".
The rest of his post reminds me a lot of the kinds of issues one runs into
with real-time multiplayer video games. I don't write those but I've always
been fascinated with how they work and their limitations. (Think about how
many high-end consumer routers target gamers who are looking for a magic
bullet to combat the lag that just got their character
killed.)"Videoconferencing" is really just a special case of a massively
multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG).