[Bloat] Thanks to developers / htb+fq_codel ISP shaper

Robert Chacon robert.chacon at jackrabbitwireless.com
Thu Jan 14 12:59:39 EST 2021

Hello everyone,

I am new here, my name is Robert. I operate a small ISP in the US. I wanted
to post here to thank Dave Täht, as well as the dozens of contributors to
the fq_codel and cake projects.

I created a simple python application that uses htb+fq_codel to shape my
customers' traffic, and have seen great performance improvements. I am
maintaining it as an open source project for other ISPs to use at
https://github.com/rchac/LibreQoS

Mostly I just wanted to thank Dave and everyone else here for working to
make fq_codel and cake possible. These are hugely helpful projects that
have helped improve our network, and thousands of other networks around the
world. Looking at discussions from fellow ISPs who use Preseem and Sensei,
which use fq_codel, small ISP networks across the world are hugely
benefiting from fq_codel. They are now able to retain customers who would
have otherwise been lost - thanks to fq_codel and the many optimizations
you all made possible. I hope more ISPs are able to deploy fq_codel and/or
cake using our tool or commercial applications like Preseem and Sensei.
Amid COVID, fq_codel is really important for keeping work-from-home and
remote learning connectivity stable. Thank you all!

Thanks,
Robert Chacon