[Bloat] Thanks to developers / htb+fq_codel ISP shaper

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Thu Jan 14 14:46:29 EST 2021

Robert Chacon <robert.chacon at jackrabbitwireless.com> writes:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am new here, my name is Robert. I operate a small ISP in the US. I wanted
> to post here to thank Dave Täht, as well as the dozens of contributors to
> the fq_codel and cake projects.

Thank you for reaching out! It's always fun to hear about real-world
deployments of this technology, and it's great to hear that it's working
well for you! :)

> I created a simple python application that uses htb+fq_codel to shape my
> customers' traffic, and have seen great performance improvements. I am
> maintaining it as an open source project for other ISPs to use at
> https://github.com/rchac/LibreQoS

Cool! What kind of performance are you seeing? The README mentions being
limited by the BPF hash table size, but can you actually shape 2000
customers on one machine? On what kind of hardware and at what rate(s)?

-Toke