[Bloat] starlink bloat in review

Matt Mathis mattmathis at google.com
Sat May 15 18:59:58 EDT 2021

I don't understand: starlink doesn't terminate the TCP connection,
does it?   Or are you referring to YT's BBR adequately addressing
Starlinks variable RTT?   "Adequately" is probably the operative word.
It is not too hard to imagine what goes wrong with BBR if the actual
path length varies, and on an underloaded network, you may not be able
to even detect the symptoms.

Thanks,
--MM--
The best way to predict the future is to create it.  - Alan Kay

We must not tolerate intolerance;
       however our response must be carefully measured:
            too strong would be hypocritical and risks spiraling out of control;
            too weak risks being mistaken for tacit approval.