[Bloat] fq_codel wikipedia page in progress

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 11:40:44 EST 2021

OK, I finally bit the bullet and started editing wikipedia  for the
first time, seriously. That said, i have very little patience for it,
especially cite hunting. It's taken me, what? 8 years to attempt this.
There's an awful lot on wikipedia that needs improvement elsewhere
also.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FQ_CODEL

I'm especially looking for, under an appropriate license:

* A good graph that shows how DRR uses bytes of multiple packets
rather than SFQ-like packets

Having some sort of sequence of graphs that shows how codel does a
timestamp  and looks at it would be good. The *only* thing I've ever
developed for this was in my stanford talk....

Also:

* More cites and pointers to existing source code for fq_codel (wasn't
there a dpdk version?)
* Confirmation on the web on where and in what products its used in
* Academic references
* Benchmarks
* Sample output from each of the OS's equivalents of the tc -s qdisc
show command

And of course to generate the worlds most perfect explanation as to
how and why it works.

Other someday targets of a writing stint might be flent, the rrul
test, the networkquality test, smart queue management, the list goes
on and on.

--
I tried to build a better future, a few times:
https://wayforward.archive.org/?site=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.icei.org

Dave Täht CEO, TekLibre, LLC