[Bloat] BITAG report - "latency explained' - now published!

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 19:46:36 EST 2022

https://www.bitag.org/documents/BITAG_latency_explained.pdf

My hope is that this moves the needle this year, among policymakers
especially, towards a deeper understanding of the key factors that
would lead us all to a better internet,
in year three of the COVID crisis. And my thanks to everyone not just
that participated on this report, but for everyone that has made a
dent in the bufferbloat problem with us, in the last decade, or
longer. Let's cross this chasm in 2022!

The report starts off with;

"For over thirty years, industry has collectively missed a key factor
that drives end users’ Internet quality
of experience (QoE)! The industry has historically been focused on
increasing bandwidth, which has been
straightforward, easy to understand, and indisputably made dramatic
improvements to end-user QoE.

But we now recognize that it is not just greater throughput that
matters, but also consistently low latency.
Unfortunately, the way that we’ve historically understood and
characterized latency was flawed, and our
latency measurements and metrics were not aligned with end-user QoE."

and gets kind of detailed from there.

--
I tried to build a better future, a few times:
https://wayforward.archive.org/?site=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.icei.org

Dave Täht CEO, TekLibre, LLC