[Bloat] where home 5G can go south

jf at jonathanfoulkes.com jf at jonathanfoulkes.com
Fri Oct 28 17:10:30 EDT 2022

We’ve observed growing variability on some TMHI setups from our fleet, and it seems there is a correlation to usage growth on a single tower. Seems neighbors talk to hear other after all ;-)

And yes, horrible bufferbloat on these variable capacity links.

> The author switched to verizon, but what guarantees of continued
> reliability does one have?

It seems none ATM, as it really depends on user density vs tower capacity. Woe to those that share a tower with a busy highway, ‘rush hour’ likely means low capacity and even higher latencies.

Cheers,

Jonathan Foulkes